We consider that the nature of the investment structure is a key determinant of a successful and dynamic investment portfolio. It is an area that is little understood and rarely addressed, often being confused with asset allocation. A successful investment structure:
- contains risk within the profile established by the investment guidelines;
- maintains dynamism, diversification and access to specialist skills;
- meets the investment objectives in a cost-effective manner;
- flexibly determines the investment strategy at a level appropriate to the client;
- integrates and allow for assets held outside the portfolio;
- diversifies decision-making to the structure itself.